Job Opportunity: Love Your River Cole Traineeships at Wildlife Trust – Apply by 08/02/2021
If you are looking to start your conservation career, this 12 month trainee placement will give you the skills and experience you need, including a City & Guilds Level 2 Work Based Certificate in Environmental Conservation.
The Love Your River Cole (LYRiC) project aims to transform the Cole Valley, enhancing natural spaces and training local people to look after this important natural river corridor.
- Location- 3 placements based at Hams Hall Environment Centre, Brandon Marsh and Castle Bromwich Hall Gardens
- Contract Type- 12-month placement from 22nd February 2021 to 18th February 2022
- Salary- Trainees will receive a paid bursary of £9,000 over 12 months and will also have a personalised budget to purchase personal protective equipment, cover travel expenses and to access specialist training such as chainsaw and brush-cutter licences or forest school training.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To participate in formal and work based training under the guidance of staff members
- To carry out day-to-day practical conservation and community engagement work at various nature reserves and open spaces with staff and/or volunteers
- To deliver public facing events to engage local communities in their natural heritage
- To follow risk assessments and adhere to health and safety requirements and regulations
- To maintain a portfolio of evidence throughout the traineeship, recording all work undertaken in order to complete and achieve the City & Guilds level 2 Work-Based Certificate or Diploma in Environmental Conservation.