Salary: £47,420- £51,515
Contract: Fixed Term, Full Time
Contracted Hours: 37
Location: Stafford, Staffordshire
Closing Date: 12 November
Can you play a lead role in securing a future for nature?
Staffordshire County Council are seeking an experienced project manager to lead and coordinate the development of a new nature recovery strategy for Staffordshire and Stoke.
Through your environmental knowledge, strong negotiation skills and organised approach, you will work collaboratively with partners and stakeholders to identify the most important areas for wildlife across the area, and to highlight the best opportunities to help nature thrive.
This is a fixed term appointment to April 2025 with possibility of extension. Secondments considered.
The main responsibilities for the role are:
- Coordinating and supporting the meetings of the Nature Recovery Partnership and its working groups.
- Line management of support roles and coordination and delivery of actions to develop the strategy.
- Commissioning and analysing environmental data and evidence to underpin the strategy.
- Engaging partners and stakeholders to raise understanding and support for nature recovery.
- Ensuring the strategy meets legislative requirements and preparing for its delivery.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- a relevant degree or equivalent experience
- a sound understanding of nature recovery policy and practice
- project management and strategy / plan development experience
- experience of partnership working and stakeholder engagement
For further information about this vacancy please contact Sarah Bentley at firstname.lastname@example.org.