Cenex is an independent not-for-profit low emission vehicle research and consultancy organisation. Originally set up in 2005, Cenex specialises in helping public and private sector organisations to assess, evaluate, implement and then deliver low emission vehicle and associated infrastructure strategies through transport, energy systems and innovation support. ROLE DESCRIPTION Cenex is looking for a full-time programme manager interested in taking on a project management role in electric mobility research and consultancy projects. The full-time role of 37.5hours a week is based in Loughborough (Leicestershire) with travel in and around Europe. The role will see Cenex developing in-house expertise of integrated low emission vehicle mobility services, including electric vehicle car clubs and their integration into the public transport system. Working in partnership with our technical team and project partners, the successful candidate will be responsible for the management of a Climate-KIC funded electric vehicle car club demonstrator project exploring the role of low emission vehicles in neighbourhoods across the West Midlands, Spain and Italy. The role includes stakeholder and financial management, as well as overseeing successful vehicle deployment and infrastructure installations. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Design, manage and undertake projects and programme activities regarding electric mobility as a service. This will include electric vehicle car clubs and shared mobility programmes.
- Delivery and management of innovation projects from the Cenex research and development portfolio. This includes financial management, and project reporting to funders.
- Stakeholder engagement and management.
- Leading on promotion and dissemination activities of electric mobility projects.
- Commercial consultancy in relation to Electric Mobility as a Service.
- Develop and write papers and reports (and present where required) on Cenex projects.
- Undertake market research, techno-market analysis, write and present reports to Cenex consultancy clients related to mobility as a Service propositions.
Training will be provided where necessary. PERSON SPECIFICATION Essential
- Two years plus senior programme/project management experience
- Knowledge and experience of EU funded programmes
- Relevant environmental, transport or automotive experience
- Good communicator
- Analytical mind
- Business case development skills
- Completer/finisher task orientated, capable of working unsupervised
- Reporting and presentation experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- UK Driving licence
- Entitled to work in the UK
- Willing to travel for 2-4 days at a time to mainland Europe
- Willing to relocate to the East Midlands
- Direct experience working with city car clubs
- Experience of low emission vehicles and associated infrastructure
- Interest in environmental technology
- Project management experience and training (PRINCE2 or an equivalent)
- Information collection, database and statistical analysis experience
- Data analysis
- Language skills – Spanish and/or Italian preferred
- £30,000 – £40,000 dependent on skills and experience
- Relocation package available
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Friday 18th August 2017. Please note that interviews are likely to take place week commencing Monday 28th August. Please comment in your covering letter if you would be available during this week (other dates can be made available if required).