Salary: Scale 6
Contract Type: Permanent
Contracted Hours: 35 Hours
Location: Worcester (County Hall) – Hybrid working
Closing Date: 10 September 2023
Proposed Interview Date: Week commencing 18 September 2023
Worcestershire County Council have an exciting opportunity to work within their Sustainability Team as Project Support Officer.
As part of a supportive team, you will work alongside enthusiastic colleagues helping organisations and residents across Worcestershire to cut carbon emissions, improve environmental impact and save money. The team offers advice and access to grant funding through a range of different projects. The team is also working to deliver the council’s own net zero carbon plan aimed at cutting the council’s carbon emissions and works with colleagues at the Local Enterprise Partnership to deliver the Worcestershire Energy Strategy.
You will be required to assist project managers in the operational delivery of their sustainability programmes. This varied work will include tasks such as:
- Assisting with monitoring and reporting on progress of the council’s Net Zero Carbon plan.
- Researching and helping to set up new projects.
- Assessing environmental impact of new projects.
- Helping to administer projects, assisting with procurement and working closely with service providers.
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of events and marketing of programmes.
- Assisting with delivery of staff training on environmental sustainability issues.
The successful applicant should have excellent numeracy, literacy and communication skills; a relevant degree; an eye for detail; experience of working as part of a project team; and an understanding of the issues relating to sustainability that affect organisations and residents.
Worcesetershire County Council are inclusive – this is really important to them and they are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer.
Disability Confident is helping them recruit and retain great people to meet their workforce needs.
If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please let them know.
If you would like any additional information or an informal discussion, please contact Liz Alston firstname.lastname@example.org
or Heather Dawes email@example.com