Job Vacancy: SEO Senior Analyst – Climate Change Adaptation
The Committee on Climate Change (CCC) is an independent, statutory body established under the Climate Change Act 2008. Our purpose is to advise the UK government and devolved administrations on greenhouse gas emissions targets and report to Parliament on the progress being made in reducing emissions and preparing for climate change.
- Assess preparedness in England for the key risks and opportunities from climate change every two years and the post-holder will lead to conducting the analysis and writing the chapter on infrastructure.
- Advise the UK Government and devolved administrations on climate change risks and opportunities, through the development of the UK Climate Change Risk Assessment (CCRA).
This position is based at 151 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9SZ.
The SEO post holder will report directly to one of the G7 analysts in the secretariat. The post holder will be expected to represent the secretariat as the lead expert for infrastructure and work with the team’s G7s in developing an analytical work programme for the sector. The post holder will be expected to lead on report drafting, presenting and engaging with the Committee on their analysis, particularly Professor Richard Dawson who acts as the Committee’s infrastructure champion.
The role will assess the effectiveness of current government policy in managing the impacts of climate change to infrastructure, including energy, transport, water and digital sectors in the context of other social, economic and environmental challenges. This includes:
- Oversee the infrastructure chapter of the third CCRA Evidence Report.
- Lead on drafting the infrastructure chapter for the 2021 adaptation progress report to Parliament.
- Develop and deliver in-house policy, economic and/or scientific analysis on infrastructure sectors to present within future Adaptation Committee reports.
- Work with Committee members on preparing Committee reports to their satisfaction, including presenting to the Committee at their monthly meetings.
- Engage relevant stakeholders, including infrastructure operators to develop, test and communicate the Adaptation Committee’s findings.
- Present evidence of climate change in an engaging way for external audiences.
- Prepare, commission and oversee external research projects within the Committee’s future research programme.
Apply and more information
Please note that the deadline for this post is on Wednesday 8th July 2020