Job Opportunity: Southern Staffordshire Community Energy are Recruiting a Chair – Apply by 31/01/2021
Southern Staffordshire Community Energy was set up 10 years ago with the aim of developing and promoting community-owned renewable energy and addressing climate and fuel poverty issues – initially in Lichfield District, but has since expanded its area of operation across the County.
They are looking for a dynamic new Chair to help guide them through the next phase of their development. If you have relevant skills and experience they would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities and Skills
The key responsibilities of the Chair are as follows:
- Leading the board and ensuring that the board is in effective control of the Society’s affairs and alert to its obligations to its
- Running the board and working in conjunction with the secretary to set its agenda.
- Ensuring that the members of the board receive accurate, timely and clear information, in particular about the organisation’s performance to enable the board to take sound decisions, monitor effectively and promote the success of the Society.
- Ensuring effective communication with members and that the directors maintain an understanding of the views of the members of the Society.
- Ensuring that sufficient time is allowed for discussion of complex or contentious issues in board meetings.
- Representing the Society at external functions, as appropriate, and act as
- Encourage active involvement by all the members of the board at board and committee meetings and in all aspects of the business of the Society
Please contact Mike Kinghan via email@example.com or 07932 757826 for an initial discussion. Or email your CV and a brief outline of your reasons for applying by 31st January
See the full job description here.