Salary: £29,777 – £33,945
Contract Type: 18 months fixed term
Hours: 37 per week
Closing Date: 01/03/2024
Interview Date: Week commencing 11/03/2024
Are you interested in delivering a wide range of climate projects to support Herefordshire Council’s commitment for a zero carbon and nature rich County by 2030? Do you have a passion for the environment?
Herefordshire Council are seeking highly motivated, enthusiastic and dynamic individual, with excellent organisational, project management and communication skills to help deliver and achieve the Council’s climate change mitigation and adaptation ambitions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the council’s Sustainability and Climate Change Team which has responsibility for carbon reduction, environmental management, active travel initiatives and energy.
Working towards carbon neutrality is a fundamental part of their ambitious plans for the future. As a Sustainability and Climate Change Officer, you will help the Council reach their goals, putting the people and environment of Herefordshire first at every turn.
They are seeking candidates who can demonstrate that they are strong team players, are passionate about delivering an excellent service and have a genuine desire to make a difference.
The main activities of the successful applicant may include:
- To review, update and help implement Herefordshire Council’s Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Strategy.
- To contribute to promoting the use of sustainable forms of transport to the public and other organisations.
- To organise and carry out public consultation on transport issues, including attending public meetings as required.
- Delivering and initiating a wide range of environmental improvement, active travel and energy efficiency projects.
- Progress important climate change mitigation and adaptation projects.
- Identify and build business cases for innovative sustainability projects.
- Identify, develop and apply for grant funding from a variety of sources including central government.
- Prepare and present information and publicity material for a wide range of audiences including internal staff and the public.
Benefits of working for Herefordshire Council:
- A competitive salary, generous holiday entitlement, and access to contributory pension and staff benefits scheme, which includes:
- Pension Scheme Enrolment in the Local Government (LGPS).
- Generous Annual Leave: 31 days’ annual leave (pro rata) plus bank holidays. You can also purchase an additional 10 days per annum.
- Flexible working: flexi-time, job-share, part-time hours and, in some instances, home working.
- Employee Assistance Programme: 24/7 access to support and counselling.
- Payment of professional membership fees.
- Pick your perks: benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
All applicants are welcomed, whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
- Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of their commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme.
- Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of their pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant.
- Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of their commitment to supporting young people leaving care.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV and complete the supporting statement within the application form, referring to the job description and person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: firstname.lastname@example.org.