Job Opportunity: Sustainability Manager at The Binding Site
Founded in 1986 by a group of former researchers based at the University of Birmingham, The Binding Site is today recognised as a market leader in the development of products for the investigation of a range of disorders involving immunodeficiency. The Company is built on the success of its people and provides the ideal environment to meet a wide range of career aspirations. It recognises the value of its employees and looks to provide development and support opportunities to maximise the potential of its 1,100 staff.
Working at Binding Site means being part of a global community that delivers innovative solutions with shared ideas and a collective dedication to improving patient lives, worldwide.
- Location- Birmingham
- Contract Type- Full Time 40 hrs (2 days remote working)
-25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Be an integral part of supporting the organisation and Board in the development of a Sustainability Strategy and in setting the Company’s sustainability goals
- Working with the subject matter experts to help educate and formulate Sustainability targets (KPIs) and supporting with the implementation plans
- Drive high standards, focus and best practice on the Sustainability approach across the business
- Provide technical advice and support on Sustainability issues to the business as they arise
- Embed a Sustainability culture within our business, driving the required change through champions and our employees, ultimately across the globe
- Monitor emerging global sustainability issues and understand the impact on our business to ensure agility of response and ensuring compliance
- Develop and maintain reporting to interested stakeholders and input to the annual report (s172 statement)
- Support the communications of Sustainability initiatives, principles and compliance across the organisation and with investors/funders
- Set communications strategy to embed Sustainability initiatives, principles, compliance directives and initiatives, and the impact on the employee’s day-to-day activities.
- Develops, manages and produces effective communications tools and platforms, such as corporate literature and technology enabled internal campaigns, that ensure staff are aware of and supporting business initiatives and success.
- Develops and manages the development of annual communication cycle plans that incorporates functional and company requirements and supports the company’s evolving plan and focus
- Working in close collaboration with Global communications team to ensure branding is consistent across the Group