Job Opportunity – Sustainability Manager at The University of Wolverhampton
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Sustainability Manager, to join our Estates & Facilities Directorate at the University of Wolverhampton. You will be responsible for the development of compelling five-year plan and an additional five year look forward that will ensure the University is on target to achieve its objectives, this plan will need to be achieved through ensuring key stakeholder engagement and buy in.
Sustainability Manager Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for identifying, assessing, and confirming best option funding opportunities for projects and working with the relevant internal/external stakeholders to present cost-efficient modelling that will, support the university’s objectives whilst propose minimal expenditure or alternative payback options.
- Development of the strategy and development and implementation of the annual plan associated to achieving Sustainability, Carbon reduction and National Net Zero plans
- Identifying the strategies and initiatives that need to be adopted to reduce the carbon footprint across a living campus.
- Responsible for identifying various alternative funding opportunities and identifying those that are in the Universities and wider communities’ bets interest.
- Responsible for the on-going development, reporting and evaluation of stakeholder engagement strategies at all levels.
- Responsible for identifying and delivering income generation and Capital funding projects from green funding bodies aimed at reducing energy consumption.