Salary: £28,371 – £32,909 p.a. (pay award pending), incremental progression subject to performance
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Contracted Hours: 37
Location: Moat Lane Depot, Solihull
Closing Date: 19 November 2023
Solihull Council are seeking to recruit an individual who has an interest in sustainability and the environment, to join their waste and recycling team.
You will play an active role in the team, as well as managing the contract with their service provider Veolia.
You will also help to diversify Solihull Council’s services to optimise recycling and reuse and contribute to reach their carbon reduction goals.
When you work with waste no two days are the same, so if you relish variety, can rise to a challenge, are passionate about plastic, and are enthusiastic about the opportunity to reduce waste and recycle more, this opportunity is for you.
You will be involved in the day-to-day operations of delivering the waste and recycling service including dealing with customer enquiries, carrying out investigations into collection issues, liaising with collection contractor and engaging with residents and interest groups to provide information on waste reduction, reuse and recycling.
You will also be involved in developing the service and implementing service changes.
As a Waste and Recycling Officer, you will:
- Have experience of planning, managing, and delivering projects
- Be a people person
- Have knowledge and a genuine interest in recycling, environment, and climate change
- Be a clear and confident communicator
- Be a problem solver and negotiator
- Be a team player
- Be highly organised, able to prioritise and plan your own working day
- As an essential car user, you must be able to drive, have a valid driving licence and have a suitable vehicle available, however for disabled applicants, reasonable adjustments will be made where required
You will be able to combine working remotely from the comfort of your home, but also from conveniently located offices at their main Depot at Moat Lane.
Working Monday to Friday, you can be flexible about how you work your hours to fit around any caring responsibilities you may have, whilst ensuring that work priorities are met.
You can also expect:
- A friendly, supportive, and inclusive working environment
- A competitive salary
- Generous annual leave entitlements with the opportunity to purchase up to 10-days additional leave per year
- A flexitime scheme with up to 24 days per year
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Family and carer friendly policies
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits including staff discounts, subsidised travel passes and Cycle 2 Work Scheme
Interviews are to be held on 30th November 2023.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted.