The post is based at the University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham UK.
The Business Engagement Officer role will form a key part of the project team for the Accelerating Thermal Energy Technology Adoption (ATETA) project. This person will work closely with the ATETA Business Engagement Manager and Project Manager at the University of Birmingham, providing effective strategic and operational support in all aspects of business engagement for the project, including marketing, promotion and event management to business. This position will involve duties such as working closely with the Business Engagement Manager (BEM) to facilitate SME entry into the project and managing the resultant relationships for UoB/SME research collaborations that develop from this initial engagement. The post holder will also substantially contribute to the planning of events and meetings, managing allocated budgets and assist the Business Engagement Manager in the successful delivery of these activities.
- Supporting the BEM in the development, promotion and delivery of business seminars, workshops, practical demonstrations, e-marketing and other promotional material focused on informing GBSLEP, CWLEP and BCLEP SMEs of the objectives of the ATETA project.
- Manage and forward-plan allocated budgets associated with events and promotional activity, as well as taking responsibility for reporting and taking appropriate corrective action.
- Assist the BEM in attracting and engaging local SMEs through activities such as direct calls and site visits, organisation of webinars, workshops and events, attendance at industry-focused external conferences and events.
- Build, maintain and influence effective strategic relationships, including those between external organisations, academic schools in the University, and Research Support Services at the University.
- Setting up, and contributing to the running of webinars, events and meetings
- Organising and maintaining project publicity material, project status and evidence of business engagement
- Attending and reporting at both internal and external events/meetings, where appropriate
- In collaboration with the BEM to develop, manage and maintain client relationships with relevant SMEs.