Over the last year, SWM member Localise West Midlands have been funded by Barrow Cadbury Trust to research the potential for mainstreaming economic localisation and community economic development for a more socially just and diverse economy.
This research is now completed, and as such Localise WM are pleased to share what they think are significant findings to help adapt our economy to meet the challenges of today.
The Mainstreaming Community Economic Development reports (full and summary) can be read on their project webpage or direct links are:
- Mainstreaming Community Economic Development (Jan 2013) full report(pdf)
- Mainstreaming Community Economic Development summary version (pdf)
- MCED literature review (Jan 2013) how CED serves socio-economic objectives such as inclusion, income equality, economic diversity and local distinctiveness (pdf) and its summary (pdf)
- MCED Access to Finance briefing: the financial context for CED, opportunities for local finance and more accessible finance for community-scale enterprise (pdf)
- Appendices and briefingscan be found on the project reports page
For more information, visit the Localise West Midlands website.