Sustainability West Midlands (SWM) has been working with many local authorities and public sector organisations over the last six months to progress the agreed actions from our first Low Carbon Economy Leadership summit in January.
In July, at our follow up summit with Jonathon Porritt, we discussed the implications of this work for Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs).
On the right-hand side of this page you can download a letter from Dr Simon Slater, Executive Director of SWM, which discusses how Local Enterprise Partnerships can:
- Make the low carbon economy their overall focus
- Use the evidence base we have created
- Stimulate their domestic market through large scale retrofit
- Develop low carbon business support networks
- Support the regional functions they need to win Regional Growth Fund bids
- Use the emerging support for their Local Enterprise Partnership