Funding Opportunity: Marches Renewable Energy Grant Scheme
Please note we are currently closed to expressions of interest from potential applicants based in Herefordshire only, as we currently have more interest than funding available.
MarRE is designed as a straight forward grant scheme allowing any eligible applicants to apply for a 50% grant for the installation of eligible renewable technologies on their premises. Grants will only be awarded for new installations.
- MarRE seeks to support a wide range of applicants. Eligible applicants include Local Authorities, statutory and non-statutory public funded organisations/bodies, Higher and Further Education Institutions, voluntary/community organisations, private sector companies, registered charities and not-for-profit organisations.
- Eligible applicants must also be in the Marches area, which is described as the counties of Herefordshire, Shropshire, and Telford & Wrekin.
- The project will run for 2½ years from July 1st 2019 – December 31st 2021.
- The grant amount is 50%. There is no maximum amount. Installations are expected to be in the range of 4-200kWp. Installations larger than 200kWp will not be considered for this project.
What technologies will the grant cover?:
- Landfill gas
- Sewage treatment plant gas and biogases.
Other technologies may also be supported.
Other eligibility constraints:
- MarRE will not support projects, which will claim under the Feed in Tariff scheme (FIT’s) or the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI).
- As the Marches Renewable Energy project falls within the General Block Exemption Regulations (GBER), MarRE is unable to award grant funding to organisations meeting the condition known as “undertakings in difficulty”. Applicants will need to demonstrate that they meet the requirements of these regulations and accept the terms of this grant. (For more information see. ‘undertaking in difficulty’ is defined by GBER’).
- All applicants must procure any installations in line with European procurement rules.
- Applicants will be required to carry out a structural survey where necessary.
- Please note, as of February 2021, we are currently closed to expressions of interest from potential applicants based in Herefordshire only, as we currently have more interest than funding available.
If you are interested in undertaking work with the help of MarRE, please fill in and return the form to email@example.com or contact the Energy and Active Travel Team on 01432 260064.
A two-stage application process has been developed to ensure a quick turn-around in the decision making process. It will also enable the MarRE Project Manager to work with the applicant to maximise the potential of the project or to sift-out or amend potentially ineligible projects before applicants spend time filling in a full application.