MEA are an independent charity supporting communities in the Midlands. They deliver practical solutions to reduce fuel poverty and cold homes, promote energy reduction and encourage the uptake of renewable energy. Their overriding objective is to support householders to be warm and well at home.
They currently have vacancies for Finance Manager, Assistant Project Manager, Project Assistant and Energy Advisor.
They are seeking a new Finance Manager to join their friendly team. This is a new post due to recent organisational growth to meet the demands of net zero carbon and rising fuel poverty. You will be working with a passionate group of people committed to a greener, more sustainable future for all. You may be looking for a step up to a management role, or a move to rewarding career where your experience will really make a difference.
- To be responsible for providing financial advice, support and management information on behalf of the trustees to ensure that all financial practices are in line with statutory legislation and regulations.
- To be responsible for the effective management of the finances and ensuring clear and effective communication and support for all staff, stakeholders, volunteers, trustees and our partners with regard to finance.
- To be responsible for finalised statutory accounts working papers prior to submission by external accountant.
Send applications in by 2 February 2022
As their service continues to grow strongly, their small, friendly team is now seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and compassionate Assistant Project Manager to support more householders in need in Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin. Initially you will work under the guidance of their existing team of experienced Project Managers supporting householders directly on the phone providing advice and support around tariff switching, fuel debt, energy efficiency and renewable energy measures. In time you will also assume project responsibility by organising and delivering events, report completion, attending meetings, bid writing, managing budgets and targets. You will also liaise with partner organisations such as Local Authorities, Housing Associations, other charities, installers and energy companies to deliver projects and understand the importance of the growing house retrofit approach.
Send applications in by 25 January 2022
You will carry out a range of tasks to support project delivery, working collaboratively with our Energy Advisors and Project Managers. Your tasks will be principally administrative including aspects of project delivery such as making routine phone calls to clients and liaising with installers.
Major Tasks and Job Activities:
Assisting with Energy Advice Line Enquiries-
- Answering the Advice Line queries by phone, taking basic information and logging it on bespoke Microsoft Dynamics CRM online database.
- Taking internet and email queries, sending and logging routine responses.
- Any other routine or administrative tasks to support project activity as needed.
Assisting with Project Delivery-
- Maintain an accurate record of project progress and funding on the CRM.
- Liaise with partners and contractors to ensure that timely and accurate information is provided.
- Liaise with householders to update them of progress by phone, email etc.
- Assisting with marketing and information campaigns.
Send applications in by 26 January 2022
Help their growing charity to ensure householders in need live in warm, energy efficient homes. As one of their Energy Advisors you will work as part of a team to support householders in Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin. You will advise people over the phone, in their homes and, from time to time, at events. The service is un-scripted and person-centred. The advice will include providing guidance around tariff switching, fuel debt advocacy, heating controls, energy bills, energy efficiency measures, renewable energy options and grant funding. You will guide and support householders to achieve the best outcomes. As policies and initiatives are often changing, you will be expected to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the various options and provide advocacy support for householders facing more complex personal circumstances at home. There may also be scope for you to undertake home visits and liaise with our partners including installers and local authorities.
Send applications in by 25 January 2022.
For more information about the job roles, click here.