Opportunities with Meres & Mosses Business & Environment Network
SWM member Meres and Mosses Business Environment Network (MMBEN)’s latest bulletin showcases their current sponsorship opportunities for forthcoming events including a new nature festival, an opportunity to link with their new grazing initiative, the Shropshire Wildlife Trust Annual Corporate Event and the chance to sponsor a Nature School programme. See below for full details.
- Oswestry Nature Festival
What is it? This is the first Oswestry Nature Festival and will feature such stellar names as Springwatch’s Iolo Williams, David Attenborough’s top Arctic cameraman Doug Allan, renowned nature writer Patrick Barkham and Oswestry’s own raptor expert Keith Offord amongst others. The festival will run from Saturday 6 July to Friday 23 August with weekly events held at the Willow Gallery culminating in a debate on the future of wildlife in the borders chaired by Guardian environment editor Damian Carrington and featuring panellists including SWT’s CEO Colin Preston. The festival is jointly run by the Willow Gallery and Shropshire Wildlife Trust, alongside the gallery’s six week summer nature exhibition. Each event will seat 100 people.
What do we need? This exciting series of events is being coordinated by former Guardian environment editor John Vidal and will jointly raise funds for SWT and Willow Gallery. The more events that we can get sponsorship for, the more of the entry fees will go to supporting conservation and the arts in Shropshire.
How much do we need? Each of the 7 events can be sponsored for £500 (+ VAT).
What do you get? Sponsorship of one of the Nature Festival events gives you:
- Tickets for your sponsored event will be branded with your business’ logo
- Extensive social media coverage
- Your branding on the individual SWT event webpage and on the relevant Willow Gallery webpage
- 4 free tickets to the champagne reception on 6th July
- Your logo on the events posters/flyers
- A stand at your sponsored event
- Sponsor our sheep and cows!
What is it? We have recently made the decision to significantly expand our conservation grazing programme to ensure that more of our sites and our conservation partners’ sites are better managed for wildlife. This new level of activity comes with an increased requirement for equipment and therefore additional costs.
What do we need? Initially we need to improve our ability to manage the cows and sheep on each site in order to move them between sites and to administer veterinary treatment etc. We therefore urgently need to purchase additional stock handling equipment.
How much do we need? The equipment we need costs £2,500 (+ VAT).
What do you get? Sponsorship of the grazing project equipment gives you:
- Your company’s logo on the Grazing Officer’s 4×4 vehicle with “SWT’s conservation grazing initiative is kindly supported by:” above it
- An article in the SWT members’ magazine (11,000+ recipients) detailing your support for the project
- Social media recognition including a photo call of your staff with the equipment
- Your company’s logo on a plaque at one of the publically-accessible grazed sites
- SWT Annual Corporate Event 2019 (ACE19)
What is it? Every year Shropshire Wildlife Trust brings all its business sector partners together to celebrate their contribution to our charitable aims and listen to a programme of expert speakers and inspiring case studies. This year’s event on 15th May will focus on the core of what we’re about – biodiversity recovery and how businesses can help. The event is being held at Pimhill Farm to the north of Shrewsbury linking in to their own celebrations of their 70th year of farming organically.
What do we need? Sponsorship of this event helps make SWT’s money go further.
How much do we need? This event can be sponsored for £500 (+ VAT).
What do you get? Sponsorship of ACE19 gives you:
- Your company’s logo on the event web page
- Your logo on the event invitations and delegate packs on the day
- Social media recognition around the event promotion
- Your company’s promotional material in the delegate packs
- Sponsor environmental education at your local school (linked-up learning)
What is it? We are developing a new and more sustainable way of working with our school partners to ensure that the learning is more integrated throughout the school rather than just dipping in and out delivering individual sessions. Overwhelming evidence suggests that long term connection with the local natural environment enhances the learning experience, has a great impact on aspects of health and wellbeing and also develops high levels of empathy towards the natural world.
What do we need? As schools’ own budgets become increasingly restricted, we can only expand our reach in this work through external funding of the individual support programmes.
How much do we need? We need £3,000 (+ VAT) for each school that we engage in this new way. This supports one year of delivery with them.
What do you get? Sponsorship of a linked-up learning programme will be delivered in a school local to you and gives you:
- Your logo on any literature produced and supporting information
- A parent letter to every pupil detailing the support provided by your business
- Promotional videos of activity featured on social media pages (a minimum of a full social media story per visit to the school and two posts on Facebook and Instagram tagging your business into each one)
- A feedback report detailing the development and progress of individuals and pupils within a school, to show how your support is benefitting the school
All of the above opportunities will be on a first come first served basis. We are able to offer a wide range of bespoke sponsorship packages and associated benefits, so please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to discuss any other options. Contact Tom Hayek about any of the above opportunities.