Preparing for the Grand Challenge competition – closes 14/12/16
The Preparing for the Grand Challenge competition aims to demonstrate how the grand challenges facing the automotive sector may be addressed by engaging the broader academic and industrial community. This is a short term funding programme to complete relevant feasibility studies which enable a 1-2 year research programme in order to establish the research field in the automotive sector.
The competition aims to:
- Improve the capabilities of the incumbent UK Research and Development communities for future low carbon propulsion technologies to a world leading status
- Increase research collaboration and engagement with leading research facilities around the globe
- Increase investment in UK Research and Development from within the sector
- Improve the capabilities of the incumbent technology developers, reduce the costs and increase the speed of technology development within the UK
- Grow potential for UK Exports for future low carbon propulsion technologies in the longer term
Please see the website for more details and apply.
The competition closes on 14 December 2016. Successful applicants will be informed on 21 December.
Feasibility studies are expected to be completed by 31st March, subsequent research programmes are expected to last between 12 and 24 months.