Principal Environmental Consultant – Job Opportunity
Job Expires: 16 March
Our Birmingham team are engaged in provision of support to both Public and Private sector clients across the region and nationally, and we can offer a genuine variety of work, including opportunities in the road, rail and water sectors, with local authorities, energy sector and developers.
This mix of projects will give you the opportunity to develop in new ways, and you will be part of helping us achieve our growth and realise your potential, by driving forward our services to internal and external clients and helping to develop new business for the team. Work will include coordinating impact assessments and environmental studies, and playing a key role in developing our carbon, climate and sustainability services in the region. You will also provide support to other members of the team and design colleagues in the office.
You will be part of a dynamic global environmental practice across Mott MacDonald, who work collaboratively to deliver high quality environmental outcomes and to ensure the development of its members. You will also be part of our Birmingham office community, an increasingly diverse work place that brings together professionals from across disciplines to develop client and people centred solutions to the problems we face, with a focus on integrity and honesty in everything we do.
Required criteria for ideal Principal Environmental Consultant
- Relevant academic/professional qualifications
- Chartered Environmentalist or similar, will full membership of a relevant professional organisation such as CIWEM, IET, IEMA (or equivalent)
- Demonstrable knowledge of relevant legislation in the UK, such as Environmental Impact Assessment regulations
- Preference for a technical capability of at least one environmental discipline (eg: climate, carbon, sustainability, impact assessment)
- Line management and people development experience beneficial
- Experience of using newer digital collaboration platforms (or openness to developing new skills)
- Successful track record in environmental co-ordination
- Experience of proposal writing or other business development activities would be advantageous
- Flexible to working away from your home base
- Excellent ‘self-starting’ capabilities
- Full, clean driving licence beneficial
We are recruiting for a Principal Environmental Consultant to work in our Birmingham office. Our environment team provides a wide range of specialist environmental support to internal and external clients and has an increasing workload across infrastructure and development sectors. As part of our strategic growth strategy, we are seeking an experienced principal environmental consultant to join our core team in our city centre Birmingham office to lead environmental bids and projects, manage/coordinate staff workload and provide support to the team leader.
If you are looking for variety, want to be part of an employee-owned, independent company that values its people, and that provides opportunities for social and career development then we would like to hear from you.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.