Recommendations to Government for accelerating business progress to Net Zero
Greater Birmingham Chamber of Commerce has published their Recommendations to Government for accelerating business progress to Net Zero.
The Greater Birmingham Chambers of Commerce, in consultation with the local business community, recommend
five key steps the Government must take to ensure a successful net zero transition for business and industry:
1. Increase financial support for businesses (particularly SMEs) through increased value of grants, favourable
finance and financial relief, to stimulate accelerated business decarbonisation and low-carbon technology
2. Increase the provision and investment into supply side low-carbon infrastructure and encourage a modal
shift in city transport.
3. Increase devolution powers to invest in regional low-carbon technology.
4. Provide clear and long-term policy certainty and planning to stimulate private investment.
5. Invest in skills, training and careers for the regional and national net zero transition.