Recently awarded outstanding for Bootcamps by Ofsted, Keele University is running two Climate Change Skills Bootcamps to help your workforce prepare for the changes coming from the net zero transition – with this one relating to Net Zero and Smart Energy.
This course would normally cost £3,600 to access, however, with the support of funding from Department for Education and a Keele Bursary, it can be accessed free of charge.
By joining this course, you will develop essential skills to play an influential part in driving the energy transition and climate action in your professional life.
The Skills Bootcamp in Net Zero and Smart Energy Transition will enhance your knowledge about net zero and smart energy transition in a holistic way.
Duration: 16 weeks and delivered predominantly online with two full days on Keele University campus. There is a four week option for those wishing to take the Smart Energy Transition component and not the preceding 12 week Net Zero Course.
Commencing: 08 January 2024.
Part one of the bootcamp, which will last 12 weeks, comprises net zero focused CPD and will cover topics including:
- Introduction to climate change
- Related legislation
- Carbon literacy, carbon footprints and different emission scopes
- Links to biodiversity and nature recovery
- Systems thinking approaches
- Supply chain considerations
- Life cycle analysis thinking and sustainability assessment.
You will also be expected to make connections to your own professional role and consider how you can implement changes within your own sphere of influence.
The smart energy transition is the focus of the second part of the Skills Bootcamp. You will explore place-based approaches to:
- Smart local energy systems
- Smart energy management
- Renewable energy generation
- Energy storage and smart system integration
- Related legislation and technical considerations
The Net Zero and Smart Energy Bootcamp brings cutting edge insights on the transition and will help your organisation:
- Explore the evolving net zero landscape and how it will impact your organisation
- Identify pathways to reduce your organisations carbon footprint
- Understand net zero policies and industry standards which can improve your reputation
- Identify sources of finance to support your organisation on the transition
- Lead your organisations renewable energy transition
- Connect with like-minded people who can help you on your net zero journey
The final confirmed cohort starts on 08 January 2024 at 15:00-17:00. With weekly online sessions on Mondays 15:00-17:00 for 16 weeks.
For more information, please contact the programme lead Tom Bedford: firstname.lastname@example.org.