Strategic Financial Mechanisms Manager – Job Opportunity
Location: Various (National)
Post type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full Time
Salary Minimum: £54,940
This is a unique opportunity to head up a growing team who will lead our approach to securing new and innovative sources of investment in the environment.
With a changing climate and a growing population, the risks from flooding, coastal erosion, drought and environmental degradation are always increasing. The Environment Agency is responsible for many of these issues, and we need to secure more external investment to keep people safe and leave the environment in a better state for the next generation.
A new role in this developing area of our business, this role will lead our efforts to secure innovative sources of investment, such as:
– Unlocking investment in the environment from development and economic growth
– Identifying possible levies or taxes to respond to environmental pressures
– Exploring options for upfront finance for the environment, such as Green Bonds
– Working with mayors, large cities and growth areas to secure investment in environmental infrastructure
– Identifying opportunities for co-investment with other infrastructure providers, such as water companies and rail and highways providers.
You will be involved in some of the largest and most high profile places that the Environment Agency works in, such as the Cambridge-Milton Keynes-Oxford corridor.
Visit the Environment Agency website for full details of the job role and to apply.