Sustainability Consultant – Job Opportunity
Closes: 31 January
Arup are looking to appoint an aspiring Sustainability Consultant with experience in providing consultancy services, especially in relation to carbon management and climate change.
The successful candidate should have experience of undertaking carbon footprints, carbon management services, climate change assessments, sustainability appraisals or related services. You will have been responsible for undertaking assessment work, delivering on time and budget and be familiar with a range of methodologies and data sources such as the GHG Protocol, PAS2080 or life cycle assessment, climate resilience methodologies and sector specific guidelines You will be confident in communicating and presenting work to internal and external audiences, and show enthusiasm for developing your own skills and career, as well as those of the wider team.
Based in Arup ‘Campus’ in Solihull full-time, you will:
- Report to the Senior Consultant leading on sustainability services;
- Contribute to carbon footprinting, climate change assessments, sustainability reviews and other related work;
- Support the team in business development activities, such as preparation of expressions of interest and proposals, promotional and capability materials etc.;
- Be accountable for the quality of your own work on time and budget, under the supervision of other team members;
- Work with other multidisciplinary teams to embed sustainable development principles in to our projects
Requirements and skills
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Experience of applying appropriate methodologies related to the role;
- Understanding of the broader sustainability agenda;
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment;
- Ability to work calmly under pressure to meet deadlines and to work on multiple tasks;
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
Desirable Skill and Knowledge
Candidates should have experience in some of the following areas
- Working with infrastructure and built environment clients;
- Using specific carbon/climate/sustainability related software packages;
- Advisory/corporate strategy environment;
- Climate change assessments as part of EIA,ESIA or planning
You will join a team that has established a reputation for supporting both UK and international projects. We deliver advisory, design and planning support to major infrastructure and built environment clients across the world. The team is growing and looking for the right candidate to support the delivery of a diverse range of projects as we support our clients to deliver on their sustainability objectives and our own commitments to contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Shape your time with us
How can we best work with you? Whether you’re a parent, a career, a student, or just have a busy lifestyle, it’s not always easy to commit to standard working hours. At Arup you have access to a range of flexible working options – including flexible start and finish times, working from home or working part-time. If you’re interested in any of these options, please let us know when you apply, and we’ll discuss how this could work in your role.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. You will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to sex, race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We recognise that not all disabilities are visible and will make reasonable adjustments to cater for diverse applicants in the selection and assessment process.
Reward and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels and one of the best benefits packages in our sector
Core benefits including private healthcare and a range of other protection schemes are funded by Arup and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a Flexible Benefits Fund, available to spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to complement your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules, employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
What happens next?
If this could be the next step in your journey, please apply online. All applications will be considered, and we will try our very best to respond to you within 72 hours of receiving your application.
If you have any questions or queries regarding this opportunity or the application process, please apply directly.