Applications are now open for this 8-week course, designed with industry experts to demystify sustainability for employees.
The course is delivered virtually online by Birmingham Enterprise Community (BEC) on behalf of Coventry College as part of the Adult Education Skills Boot Camps funded by the WMCA.
This 8-week course is designed with industry experts to demystify sustainability for employees. They will upskill you to become a champion in sustainability and net zero, enabling you as an individual to support your business’s transition to a much more sustainable future.
This course is for someone wanting to become a sustainability expert and practitioner, or current sustainability managers looking to advance their knowledge and join a like minded community.
Every participant will end this short course with an appreciation of sustainability and the significance of information management in our increasingly digital world.
You will be taught from a project management perspective and not an academic or technical one.
What will you gain from the course?
- Understand the wider context of climate change, sustainability and how it relates to business now and in the future
- Investigate different actions that can be taken, with understanding the potential of technology and innovation to enable sustainable practices
- Use data visualisation and storytelling techniques to communicate the key messages of sustainability benchmarks and progress
- Data-led change management
- Why digital and data matters in the pursuit of ecosystem thinking and the operational significance of being a data-enabled business
- Explore the importance of communication, internally and externally
What you will learn:
The course is split into 8 modules, seven core modules on sustainability and one module covering personal and professional skills development.
Commitment of hours: 60
The course launches 22 January and runs until 19 March (8 weeks) running Mondays and Tuesdays.
The virtual live sessions will be on Mondays and Tuesdays 16:00 – 18:00, every week.
The rest of the hours will be done flexibly through assisted homework sessions and mentoring and coaching sessions.
If you are not able to attend, you may watch the recordings but a minimum of 80% of live sessions will need to be attended for passing the course.
You will receive a Certificate of Completion from BEC in partnership with Coventry College, showcasing your accomplishment to your current and future employers.
Other than a sought-after and respected qualification, you will also receive access to a community of practitioners, 1-1 mentoring and business development meetings and support in promotion within your organisation.
Are you eligible?:
- Agree to commit to the attendance required
- To be aged 19 or over and have the full right to work in the UK
- To live or work in the West Midlands combined authority area
Registrations are reviewed and processed by BEC and Coventry College teams.
Interested in applying?:
Your application needs to be complete and submitted before 12 of January 2024.
You will have the option to withdraw your application up to the point of paying for the course. By submitting an application you are not committing yourself to paying.
There are only 25 spaces so be quick!