Sustainability Operations Manager Vacancy -The Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games
Are you passionate about sustainability and looking for a new opportunity?
The Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games is looking for a Sustainability Operations Manager to report directly to the Head of Sustainability. This is an exciting and critical role as you will be central in ensuring Birmingham 2022 hits its ambitious environmental and sustainability targets over the next several months, working closely with our venues and overlay providers.
The ideal candidate will have an environmental or sustainability background with strong operational knowledge of making sustainability a reality.
- Oversight of sustainability performance on across Birmingham 2022 and all venues.
- Manage and review key sustainability processing such as including Venue Sustainability Management Plans and Site Waste Management Plans.
- Manage key relationships in regards to sustainability with external contractors.
- Quantify, monitor and control the ongoing environmental impact of all activities, events and the legacy of the Games for all Birmingham 2022 partners and stakeholders.
- Act as Line Manager for two Sustainability Coordinators.
- Support and deliver training of internal and external parties on various issues surrounding sustainability.
- Take on the unique opportunity of a Games time role.
The salary is between £40,000 – 45,000 with a fixed term contract until August 2022.
Deadline to complete application is 30 January 2022!