Sustainability West Midlands look to recruit ‘Young Director’
Are you passionate about changing the way people think and use our environment so that we can build a better future for our businesses and communities in the West Midlands?
Can you demonstrate a desire and track record to learn and work with others to improve their environment and communities?
Then why not consider applying for our innovative new role as our Young Director to sit on Sustainability West Midland’s Board for a year.
We will provide you with:
- The experience of being a non-executive director over a year through your attendance at up to six board meetings and your involvement with a specific event or project
- New insights into how a small not-for-profit organisation works and experience of good practice in regards to the board’s role to provide oversight and strategic advice
- The opportunity to build your knowledge about the sectors SWM are engaged with through presentations and discussions, and through collaboration at board meetings to provide collective advice to SWM’s team and organisation
- The chance to be mentored by one of our board members who will discuss any issues prior to or after board meetings, and will help you identify a particular project or event to support
- Travel expenses within the West Midlands area to the board meetings
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with aspirations of working at board level to experience what it is really like and contribute to strategic decision making with the help of a mentor.
Please see the attached PDF for full details of the post including the Job Description and application requirements.
Should you have any queries regarding the role and wish to have an informal chat, please contact Peter Braithwaite as detailed in the application pack. Should you have any general application queries please email email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Monday 30 September at 6pm.