Are you passionate about changing the way people think and act so that we can build a better future for our businesses and communities in the West Midlands?
Can you demonstrate a desire and track record to learn and inspire others to improve their environment and communities?
If so, why not apply to sit on Sustainability West Midlands’ Board for a year as our Young Director?
Hear from our previous Young Director Matt Beveridge (University of Birmingham) on what the role meant to them.
We will provide you with:
- The experience of being a non-executive director over a year through your attendance at up to four board meetings and your involvement with a specific event or project.
- New insights into how a small not-for-profit organisation works and experience of good practice in the board’s role to provide oversight and strategic advice.
- The opportunity to build your knowledge through presentations and discussions, and through collaboration at board meetings to provide advice to our organisation.
- The chance to be mentored by one of our board members.
- Travel expenses within the West Midlands to board meetings.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with aspirations of working at board level to experience what it’s really like, and contribute to strategic decision making with the help of a mentor.
Please see the PDF below for full details of the post including the role description and application requirements.
For any queries regarding the role or, to submit your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 17:00 on Friday 27 October 2023. If required, interviews will be held on 16 November 2023.