SWM Job Opportunity – Sustainability Adviser
We are currently recruiting for a Sustainability Adviser to join our small but growing team. Closing date 17:00 on 29 June 2018.
Location: Sustainability West Midlands Offices, hosted by Groundwork UK, Birmingham, B1 2RR
Duration: Permanent and full time (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: Salary band £20,000 – £25,000 per annum
The Sustainability Adviser will provide efficient and effective project management and sustainability advice to deliver our mission. We are a small team and are looking for someone who will be able to fit in quickly, contribute and deliver for our partners, whilst helping our organisation develop and grow as we seek to create a better future for organisations within the West Midlands.
- Support business development e.g. presentations to different audiences about sustainability good practice and our services and input into project proposals
- Lead on coordinating a particular internal business function for the team – this will include network management, but other areas could be communications, marketing, research and development
- Leads on a range of projects and learning networks required by the organisation to generate and share good practice and create new opportunities
- Deliver sustainability advice to our customers as part of a project team e.g. sustainability reviews and benchmarking, research, case studies, training, events and workshops, project development and delivery
- At least 1 years experience managing projects with a track record of managing resources (budget, time, skills) for delivery
- At least 1 years experience working on sustainability issues in the public, private or third sectors
- At least 1 years experience in the delivery of sustainability research and advice
- 2:1 degree or equivalent, ideally in a relevant field including environmental science, geography, planning, economics, politics, social science
- Competent with Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Desirable – familiar with website content management systems (CMS)
- Understanding and use of social media in a professional context, writing newsletters and some communication and marketing tools
- Project development, management and delivery
- Accurate numeracy and written skills
- Good research and analysis skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external audiences in writing and verbally
- Ability to make own decisions, use initiative and work as part of a team
- Line management to develop others
- Positive, well organised and strong attention to detail – a finisher
More information and how to apply:
For more information, download the application pack available from this page. If you would like an informal discussion about the role, contact Anna Bright at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 237 5890.
To apply please send a covering letter and your CV as one electronic document of no more than 4 sides of A4 in total.
In your covering letter please set out:
- Your contact details
- Where you heard about this opportunity
- Why you want to be considered for the role
- How you meet the essential criteria of experience, knowledge and skills
In your CV please set out the supporting information for your covering letter which includes:
- Education and qualifications
- Current employment / role and salary
- History of relevant employment and non-paid work
- Two references – which we will contact if you are successful at interview
Please send your completed application by email to email@example.com by 17:00 on 29 June 2018.
Interviews will be held on 09 and 10 July 2018.