“Working with Egypt, we must maintain the urgency and the energy as we approach COP27 in Sharm-el-Sheikh.
Just as leaders understood that it was in our collective self-interests to come together and forge the Glasgow Climate Pact, so that same collective interest should spur us to deliver at COP27.”
Alok Sharma, COP President
Climate credentials matter. The UK Government is looking for sponsor organisations who:
- Can lend their resources, commitment and expertise to making the UK’s objectives at COP27 a success and help to deliver international action on climate change
- Are making real contributions to the fight against climate change, and are aligned with the aims of COP27
- Have strong climate credentials. We are looking for businesses who have set ambitious net zero commitments by 2050 or earlier, with a credible short term action plan to achieve this (e.g. Science Based Targets).
Sponsorship is an outstanding opportunity, offering unique benefits. In sponsoring the UK’s role at COP27, your organisation will benefit from:
- Showing the world your commitment to fighting climate change
- Setting the pace for your partners and peers on the way to Net Zero
- Helping to make a difference to our most pressing global challenge
The UK Government is looking for a range of sponsors. Please see the registration guidance document for further detail.
Climate Criteria Sponsorship Checklist
Prospective sponsors undergo due diligence checks from the Cabinet Office and Department for International Trade, to comply with robust government standards. For COP27, additional climate checks are completed. The above climate criteria checklist provides a summary of these checks, but not limited to them.
Please note, that whilst we endeavour to respond to all those who register, we may not be able to get back to everyone.