This year, 148 UK businesses have been recognised for their contribution to International Trade, Innovation, Sustainable Development and Promoting Opportunity (through social mobility).
What are The King’s Awards for Enterprise?
The King’s Awards for Enterprise (previously known as the Queen’s Award for Enterprise) are the most prestigious awards for UK business.
The Awards are designed to recognise and encourage outstanding achievements in the fields of:
- international trade
- sustainable development
- promoting opportunity (through social mobility)
A number of West Midlands businesses have won awards in 2023. SWM would like to give a special mention to our members Willmott Dixon, who have been recognised for their Building Lives suite of social value programmes, and West Midlands Net Zero Business Pledge signatories NRG Marine, whose Sonihull ultrasonic antifouling systems have won them an award in the International Trade category.
Here is a full list of West Midlands based award winners:
- Forest Garden Group Limited – for the first fully automatic high speed lap fence panel manufacturing process in the world.
- Rem3dy Health T/A Nourish3d – for the world’s first truly personalised vitamin gummy, manufactured on demand with patented 3D printing technology.
- Trackwise Designs plc – for the manufacturing process for length unlimited multilayer flexible printed circuits.
- Ammo & Company Limited – for the supply and manufacture high-quality ceremonial and tactical equipment to the Armed Forces communities.
- AMOB Machinery Ltd – for tube bending machinery sales, including mandrel benders and section benders, plus service, support, and training.
- Green Sheep Group Limited – who specialise in the design and manufacture of nursery baby products.
- NRG Marine Ltd – OEM of Sonihull ultrasonic antifouling systems.
- The First Class Pet Company Ltd – Makers of Little BigPaw, a 100% Natural, Premium Pet Food made in the UK with British ingredients.
Promoting Opportunity (through social mobility)
- Shelforce Birmingham – A workplace initiative that provides employment and opportunity for some of Birmingham’s most vulnerable people.
- Staffordshire Chambers of Commerce & Industry Ltd – Supporting vulnerable and disadvantaged communities to develop entrepreneurial and employability intentions and skills.
- Willmott Dixon – Building Lives; supporting the people and businesses in our communities to thrive.
You can apply for the 2024 awards from 6 May 2023. The King’s Awards for Enterprise are free to enter. You can apply for more than one award. Sustainability West Midlands will be putting ourselves forward for nomination.
The full list of Awardees across the four categories can be found in the London Gazette.