If you are a business or organisation located in the West Midlands and you are involved in MedTech/HealthTech or CleanTech, you are invited to a workshop to develop ideas for the West Midlands Innovation Accelerator. About the Ideation Workshops Aligning with the West Midlands Plan for Growth, the Innovation Accelerator will build on our Manufacturing and Engineering strengths and be focused on two key areas, HealthTech & MedTech and CleanTech. On Wednesday 29 June (CleanTech), and Monday 4 July (HealthTech & MedTech), WMCA invites partners to join their Ideation Workshops to help validate identified challenges and opportunities, refining areas of intervention requirements in preparation for expressions of interest opening in the second half of July 2022. Workshop 1: CleanTech
- Date: 29 June 2022
- Time: 14:00 – 17:00
- Venue: STEAMhouse, Training Room, 9-43 Belmont Row, Birmingham, B4 7RQ (virtual access available)
- Date: 4 July 2022
- Time: 10:00 – 13:00
- Venue: iCentrum, Holt Street, Birmingham, B7 4BP (virtual access available)
- Welcome from Chair
- Overview and vision of Innovation Accelerators/ WM Innovation Accelerator
- Overview of strengths, barriers and initial thoughts on interventions
- Table discussions 1: Discussion opportunity and challenge areas
- Comfort break
- Table discussions 2: Discussion on intervention areas, both to validate areas, but also to start ideation process.
- Next Steps in the process
Announced in the Government’s 2022 Levelling up White Paper, The West Midlands Innovation Accelerator serves the purpose of forging a new co-design relationship between the region and Government, ensuring the region benefits from the commitment to an increase in overall UK public Research and Development (R&D) funding to £20bn by 2024/5. The Innovation Accelerator will be funded through a share of a new £100m fund, to be divided by three regional Innovation Accelerators over the next three years, to bolster the region’s innovation and R&D capability and capacity to spark commercial growth and investment.