WMCA: Ambitious plans for cycling in the West Midlands
The West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA) has approved plans to see widespread investment in cycling across the region. This could see up to £250m invested to improve cycling infrastructure in the long term. This will include investment in 26 cycling corridors across the county, totalling £200m.
The report, drawn up by Transport for West Midlands (TfWM) also sets out plans for:
- The appointment of a Cycling and Walking Ambassador
- A flagship cycling corridor and support for councils to deliver local schemes
- The co-ordination of events into a family festival of cycling
- New West Midlands Cycling and Walking brands
- Working with communities to create great places to cycle and walk
To read the full article, click here.