£27,958 – £30,123 35 hours per week County Hall, Worcester Closing Date: Sunday 10th January 2016 Interview Date: Friday 22nd January 2016
Worcestershire County Council have an exciting opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic individual to wage war on Worcestershire’s waste.
Based in the Council’s Sustainability Team, you will commission and coordinate a wide range of household waste prevention projects and programmes for local communities.
You will work closely with Worcestershire County Council’s Waste team, local and national partner organisations, as well as with voluntary, community, school and interest groups. The focus of the role will initially be on food waste prevention, home composting and behaviour change.
You will be involved in developing and delivering future waste prevention strategy including initiating and developing partnership projects and bidding for external funds.
Educated to degree level in a relevant subject you will have:
- A relevant post graduate qualification and/or equivalent relevant professional experience
- Strong knowledge of waste prevention issues in relation to local communities.
- Experience of successful partnership working, including working with community organisations.
- Experience of development and implementation of public communication and/or behaviour change programmes targeting residents / voluntary and community sector
- Professional and relevant experience in the waste management / community / business sector
- Experience of managing publicly funded projects
Experience of bidding for funding, coordinating volunteers, utilising social media is desirable.
We are looking for a flexible and well organised team player who can work on their own initiative and with limited supervision.
Worcestershire County Council is responsible for managing the municipal waste generated in Worcestershire and Herefordshire.
Apply on line at WM Jobs.
For job related queries please phone Liz Alston 01905 766745 or 07921 309978.
NB The council operates a flexible and mobile working environment policy. The post holder will normally be required to work away from the office, (County Hall, Worcester), for 2 days a week.