Young Board Member – Job Opportunity
SHAP is recruiting for a new Young Board Member to provide different perspectives to the SHAP Board. This is a wonderful career development opportunity for the successful candidate, so if you or someone you know is interested, please contact us for application details.
Job title: Board Member
Reporting to: SHAP Chairman
Location: Meetings held mostly in Birmingham and the West Midlands, with some moderate travel
Time commitment: 5-6 days a year plus any key SHAP events
Pay: this is a voluntary, unpaid role
No. of positions available: One (currently)
Closing date for applications: 4pm, Friday 10th January 2020
Phase 1: Initial phone or video interviews with SHAP Board Member(s) and team: Week starting 20th January 2020
Phase 2 (final candidates): Informal face-to-face meetings with some current Board members at SHAP Conference, 4th February 2020, in central Birmingham; (we will register your place for you)
Skills And Attributes
● Ideally, you will be aged between 21-30 years old.
● Passionate about supporting and helping develop sustainable housing around the UK.
● Be personable and have good communication skills.
● Willing to bring new ideas and perspective to our Board.
● Have good listening skills.
● Able to work equally well as part of a team and remotely.
● Effective ambassador and influencer for SHAP.
● Able to devote the necessary time to the role.
● Demonstrate impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidentiality