All sectors, specifically local authorities, SMEs, local resilience forums and the farming community.
April 2009 – March 2016
The Climate Ready initiative, co-run by Defra and the Environment Agency, provided online advice, guidance and tailored sector support to help organisations adapt to a changing climate. In order to strengthen outreach on climate adaptation, Climate Ready provided support to SWM’s umbrella body, Climate UK, to run events, write reports and conduct research and programmes to help build adaptive capacity within various organisations and raise awareness of the importance of climate resilience.
Climate UK then distributed this funding to each individual Climate Change Partnership, including SWM, to run specific programmes regionally and to lead on some national work.
Over the course of this seven year period, SWM has:
- Coordinated the West Midlands Climate Adaptation Partnership (now the Climate Resilience Network) to drive forwards the adaptation agenda with local professionals and practitioners;
- Run events for SMEs to help them build business resilience;
- Run events for the farming community on better land management to prevent flooding;
- Supported local authorities to develop the business case for adaptation;
- Helped rollout tools such as SWIMS and the Business Resilience Healthcheck;
- Developed case studies and run events on community resilience;
- Developed infrastructure and business case studies for good practice dissemination;
- Conducted a review of adaptation tools to avoid duplication and for further promotion;
- Developed toolkits showcasing the economic case for resilience e.g. the Resilient Growth Note for LEPs.
View our various case studies related to this project including Climate Resilient Communities, Climate Resilient SMEs, Fit for the Future and the launch of our health networks.
To discuss similar partnership opportunities with SWM, contact us on 0121 237 5890 or at email@example.com.