Archive: Low Carbon LEP Leadership Resources – pre April 2015
Date of papers
2012 to March 2015
Purpose of the papers
The archive below show presentations and documents related to the West Midlands Low Carbon LEP Leadership Network, pre March 2015. Please feel free to browse through these at your leisure. It also shows the work programmes and themes covered by the Network over the last few years.
Any resources related to events associated with the WMLEP Network since March 2015 (and some others before) are available on the this page. They are split into the individual events at which they were given.
Links and Contact Information
For more information contact email@example.com or call 0121 237 5890.
Downloads and Archived Work Programme
2011-12 work programme (as part of previous Green Jobs programme)
- Providing profiles of the low carbon economy for all 14 strategic level local authorities in all West Midlands LEP areas.
- Developing a checklist for Local Enterprise Partnerships on how to incorporate low carbon economy actions within their emerging business plans.
- Producing a good practice guide on how to set up and run a green business club and sources of support for businesses.
- Providing one-to-one support for local authorities and LEPs that wish to establish green business clubs in their LEP areas.
- Using the evidence base to identify potential low carbon cross-LEP opportunities and presenting these to LEPs at a dedicated event with recommendations for a collaborative forward work programme. (This formed the basis for the creation of the WM Low Carbon LEP Group)
2012-13 work programme
- Low Carbon Investment Prospectus (Produced by SWM in November 2012 and used by Government and Inward Investment teams since)
- Evidence base for LEPs, Local Authorities & EU Programmes (EU evidence base for future funding programme produced in January 2013)
- This has informed the wider EU evidence base for the region which also covers the themes of climate change and environment (May 2013 and updated in June 2013 and hosted on the West Midlands European Service site)
2013-14 and 2014-15 work programme
- Updating evidence base for LEPs, Local Authorities & EU Programmes (Using other information from housing, transport, environmental infrastructure and previous low carbon work to update evidence base and provide a structure for future annual updates)
- Annual sustainability reviews of LEPs progress and sharing good practice (Begun in 2012 and includes specific input in several LEPs strategies. First full review for June/July 2013 and then repeated annually)
- Coordination and growth of local green business clubs and support networks (WM Green Business Networks Group re-established by SWM in June 2013)
- Working with West Midlands in Europe Service (WMES) to help develop cross-LEP low carbon ‘products’ that LEPs can consider in the development of their European Funding plans (July-September 2013)
- Establish and chair with WMES the cross-LEP EU low carbon and environment group to help share current practice, informjoint statement of cooperation and project development, and sustainability monitoring during development phase of EU programme (Oct 2013-May 2014).
- In response to LEP requests for help produced a standard set of products for SWM support with EU funding such as sustainability reviews, monitoring, advice on strategic environmental assessment, programme and project development. (August 2014)
- Produced a set of cross-LEP projects to be taken forward with the Black County LEP acting as the lead body. These projects include green business club support, decentralised energy, and community green infrastructure for investment sites.
To view and/or obtain a copy of the rest of these presentations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.