Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust Sustainability and Resilience Action Plan
Sustainability West Midlands
Project Manager: Anna Bright (Chief Executive)
Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust (BSMHFT) wanted to work with SWM to refresh their existing sustainability strategies and produce one overarching Action Plan that brought all of the actions up to date and together into one document. We also provided a more detailed assessment on resilience to extreme weather associated with climate change.
The aims of the action plan were as follows:
- Engage core BSMHFT staff with the sustainability agenda via a workshop.
- Gain evidence from staff on the work they have done to date via a series of interviews.
- Develop an Action Plan setting out clear, realistic and deliverable actions to take forward related to sustainability and climate resilience.
Results and achievements
- Engagement and participation from key members of staff from across the Trust.
- Appraisal and critique of existing strategies for consideration.
- Independent set of recommendations and proposed activity provided by SWM.
- Development and ratification of a new realistic Action Plan.
For further information or help, please contact the SWM team on 0121 237 5890 or email@example.com.