Delivering workshops to help support applications to ERDF Funds in the Black Country
Sustainability West Midlands
Project Manager: Anna Bright (Chief Executive)
The Black Country Technical Assistance team recognised the work carried out by SWM in the past and its proven track record of delivering high quality events. As a result, SWM were commissioned to organise and facilitate a series of workshop events to deliver information on a range of topics relating to ERDF Funding. Each event included industry experts and speakers from successful projects to share their knowledge to those wanting to follow their example. It also provided an ideal opportunity to network with those in the same industry and sector, facilitating the creation of new ideas and connections.
- Deliver an introduction to ERDF opportunities in the Black Country region.
- Provide an overview of regional context, supported by industry leaders.
- Improve the understanding of how to create a successful project application with support from case studies of successful projects and the team behind them.
- Outline the key eligibility criteria as well as application routes.
- Support those moving forward with a clear understanding of the ‘next steps.’
Results and achievements
As a result of appointing SWM in this role, we were able to provide sustainability a series of successful workshops for the BCTA. The following achievements were realised:
- SWM facilitated four successful workshops across two days in key and iconic locations in the Black Country. Attracting a range of professionals, academics and more to share their ideas and learn from others.
- The workshops attracted approximately 55 members of the public, private and third sectors to share their knowledge and understanding, but to further develop it also. As a result of attending, they are now better equipped to create successful project applications or further their work and organisation.
- Successfully secured key industry leaders whom delivered presentations on the opportunities available in the region, with case studies from their own projects to support their ideas.
- Provided an opportunity for delegates and members of the SWM & BCTA teams to network with one another, allowing them to bounce their ideas off each other.
“The BCTA would highly recommend the services of SWM. BCTA worked with SWM in 2018 to assist with event management services across the Black Country. SWM provided an efficient and professional service throughout the contract whilst keeping the BCTA team up to date on the progress of objectives. All members of the team added to the events in making them a success and were very approachable throughout. We would look to work with SWM again and would advocate them for work with other organisations. “–
– Oliver Nash, Project Development Officer, Black Country Technical Assistance Team
For further information or help, please contact the SWM team on 0121 237 5890 or firstname.lastname@example.org.