Midlands Low Carbon Sector Study – Final Stakeholder Engagement Conference
Date of presentations
23 February 2021
Purpose of the presentations
SWM and kMatrix Data Services have been commissioned by the Midlands Energy Hub to provide an evidence-based study to understand the current state of the Low Carbon Environmental Goods & Services (LCEGS) Sector in the Midlands, where support is needed to help grow this sector, and the role the sector can play in driving a low-carbon recovery from Covid-19. The outputs include information at local authority and LEP level, along with a Midlands wide report.
The study is being delivered between November 2020 and March 2021 and the views of a full range of regional stakeholders were sought to complement the quantitative data analysis. Nine focus groups (one for each LEP area) were held in January 2021 and attended by 130 cross-sector delegates. The presentations from each focus group are available here.
The final stakeholder engagement conference attracted over 100 cross sector attendees and the agenda for the session included:
- Overview of the Study: Michael Gallagher, Midlands Energy Hub
- The BEIS Local Energy Perspective: Gary Sturgeon, Local Climate and Energy Team, BEIS
- Latest study findings: Sarah Howard, kMatrix and Anna Bright, SWM
- Discussion session 1: Addressing the challenges
- Business support & skills
- Technology & infrastructure
- Policy & governance
- Midlands Engine View and alignment with forthcoming Green Growth Action Plan
- Discussion session 2: Sub-regional growth and support
The presentations from the event are available here.
Links and Contact Information
For further information about this study please contact Anna Bright at firstname.lastname@example.org.