Supporting Greater Birmingham and Solihull LEP with allocating European low carbon funding
Sustainability West Midlands
Project manager: Alan Carr (Sustainability Adviser)
GBSLEP has obtained over £100m from the ERDF part of the European Structural Investment Funds (ESIF) 2014-2020 programme. Over £15m of this money is required to be spent against the Priority 4 (Low Carbon) strand of the programme. All projects put forward must adhere to specific requirements and they must also fit into one or more of five pre-defined sub-categories:
- Promoting the production and distribution of energy derived from renewable sources.
- Promoting energy efficiency and renewable energy use in enterprises.
- Supporting energy efficiency, smart energy management and renewable energy use in public infrastructure, including in public buildings and in the housing sector.
- Promoting low carbon strategies for all types of territories, in particular for urban areas, including the promotion of sustainable multimodal urban mobility and mitigation- relevant adaptation measures.
- Promoting research and innovation in, and adoption of, low carbon technologies.
SWM’s role is to provide technical assistance to Solihull MBC, Priority 4 Low Carbon theme leads for GBSLEP, to use our knowledge and expertise around low carbon projects, innovation, collaborative working and European funding to work with partners to help identify suitable projects for submission against this funding stream..
SWM has run workshops and provided advice to partners on the fund and how to access it, which has benefited our customers as follows:
- A greater understanding of the eligibility of Priority 4.
- A more extensive knowledge base of other projects going on and concurrent collaboration opportunities.
- A pipeline that we run that partners can tap into to fulfil the above.
- A mechanism to allow dissemination and communication, through our networks, to find more information and advice about this funding.
- Support with developing projects, to ensure that it is compliant and fit for purpose.
For further information or help, please contact the SWM team on 0121 237 5890 or email@example.com.