- Jonny Fluffypunk
- Andrew Pollard (SWM Chair)
- Alan Carr (SWM Senior Sustainability Adviser)
- Professor Chris Baines
- Beverley Nielsen, Executive Director, Institute for Design, Economic Acceleration & Sustainability, BCU
- Clare Ollerenshaw, Associate Director, Accelar
- Delia Garratt, Chief Executive, Wildlife Trust for Birmingham and Black Country
- Jim Davies, Strategic Environmental Planning Lead (Climate Change Adaptation), Environment Agency
- Luke Willetts, Director of Operations, Worcestershire LEP
- Dr. Mohammed Nazir, Founder, Nazir Associates
- Richard Bubb, Associate, Sustainable Housing Action Partnership
- Sandeep Shingadia, Director of Development & Delivery, Transport for West Midlands
- Julie Pope (SWM Stakeholder & Engagement Manager)
Outline of Event
We were delighted to welcome 200+ attendees to celebrate our 20 years in the region. The journey hasn’t always been easy for our unique organisation, but we’ve transitioned into a nationally recognised hub for cross sector excellence in sustainability. Our event shared the highs and lows of the last two decades, showcased the breadth of innovative solutions coming from our region, and looked forward to the next 20 years!
Our flagship conference featured a thought provoking keynote from Professor Chris Baines, one of the UK’s leading environmental campaigners, and award-winning writer and broadcaster. Chris is Vice President of the Royal Society of Wildlife Trusts and recipient of lifetime achievement medals from the RSPB and the British Association of Nature Conservationists. He has always worked to build creative partnerships between business, government and conservation, and he works with opinion leaders in the water, housebuilding, energy, minerals and ethical investment industries.
Our panelists then took to the stage for discussions around the eight themes of our Sustainability Roadmap to 2030
The afternoon concluded with our Sustainability Roadmap to 2030 Awards
with categories including resource efficiency; clean and active travel; clean air and water; natural environment; sustainable growth; social equity and health; sustainable energy use; and adapting to climate change. Congratulations to our award winners and thank you to our sponsors:
- Adapting to Climate Change: Winner Accelar (sponsored by SustainIQ)
- Clean & Active Travel: Winner University of Birmingham (sponsored by Transport for West Midlands)
- Clear Air & Water: Winner National Express West Midlands & Birmingham City Council (sponsored by CREST – Centre for Research into Environmental Science and Technology)
- Natural Environment: Winner Wildlife Trust for Birmingham and the Black Country (sponsored by Groundwork West Midlands)
- Resource Efficiency: Winner Stay Safe PPE (sponsored by Accelar)
- Social Equity & Health: Winner Arden Estates Partnerships (sponsored by The Binding Site)
- Sustainable Energy Use: Winner Aceleron (sponsored by Bryt Energy)
- Sustainable Growth: Winner E4Environment Kanopi (sponsored by the University of Warwick)
Links and Contact Information
For more information contact email@example.com
- Excellent networking opportunity leading to follow-ups
- It was nice to see how all the hard work and dedication of all the team at SWM has made the organisation such a success and a key ‘got to’ organisations
- Excellent updates on key challenges facing us in the delivery of the roadmap to 2030.
- A really thought-provoking event, which unfortunately highlighted how much work is still to be done on this agenda!
- Thanks for putting such an excellent day on!
- It was a good all around event. well planned and well managed. Well done SWM Team!
- Fantastic event, really looking forward to attending more SWM events in the future!
- A superb event, very well organised and run, with excellent speakers. Very insightful and motivational.
- Wonderful celebration that showed the culture and passion of the team
- Congratulations on (yet another!) well organised, insightful and stimulating event from SWM
- It was a fantastic event with great speakers, panel discussions and networking opportunities; we made some very interesting connections. From the food to the relaxed, friendly and productive atmosphere, a great day.