PCAN Fund Round 2: Call for Proposals 2020 – Funding Opportunity
The ESRC-funded Place-based Climate Action Network (PCAN) is inviting proposals for a second round of funding under the PCAN Fund. The aim of the PCAN Fund is to support projects that promote and increase understanding of place-based climate action in the UK. The fund provides small grants for both research and the development of policy and practice. The 2020 funding round will make four to six awards worth £5,000 – £35,000 each, for a total of for £125,000.
Proposals may be submitted under one of two opportunities:
PCAN are inviting Early Career Researchers to become a PCAN Fellow for one year. PCAN Fellows will remain in their existing institution, but have up to two days a week to (i) undertake place-based research or engagement activities and (ii) become an active member of the PCAN team by participating in our activities. PCAN anticipate that one or two awards will take the form of a Fellowship.
PCAN are inviting proposals for projects that address the following issues:
- The interface between local climate action and economic regeneration in terms of communities, investment and skills (e.g., recovery from deindustrialisation, conflict, Covid-19)
- New business and community engagement models for climate resilience and adaptation at the local level
- Place-based climate action in rural areas, covering aspects such as rural housing, rural transport, rural communities and the rural economy
- Approaches to climate action in the context of multi-level governance, for example at the local and regional scales
- Other innovative proposals on place-based climate action in the UK.
Proposals will be evaluated in a two-stage process. The closing date for expressions of interest is 26 May 2020.
For further details and to apply please visit the Call page on the PCAN website.