UK registered businesses can apply for a share of up to £2 million for early-stage projects in smart and sustainable plastic packaging. This funding is from the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund.
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to £2 million from the Smart Sustainable Plastic Packaging Programme for early-stage projects.
The Smart Sustainable Plastic Packaging (SSPP) Challenge aims to establish the UK as a leading innovator in smart and sustainable plastic packaging for consumer products. Its goals are to deliver cleaner growth across the supply chain, with a dramatic reduction in plastic waste entering the environment by 2025.
Your project must aim to:
- help make the plastics packaging supply chain more circular
- deliver the targets of the UK Plastics Pact improve on current state-of-the-art plastic packaging, or supply chain data
- embed life cycle thinking and end of life in packaging design and decisions
Your project must:
- demonstrate how it supports the objectives of the plastics pact and delivers systemic change
- clearly explain how you will reduce the UK plastic packaging system’s overall environmental impact
More Information and ApplyClick here