The Midlands Net Zero Hub has launched a competition to provide funding for the electrification of depots. Local Authorities can bid for funding up to £25,000 to help cover the cost.
Apply by 21 December 2023.
The Midlands Net Zero Hub aims to assist Local authorities in the Midlands to deliver on their Net Zero commitments, recently publishing a Guide to the Electrification of Council Depots.
The guide is designed to help local authorities transition from a fossil-fuelled fleet to an equivalent electric fleet.
About the competition:
To further develop the knowledge base available to local authorities as they embark on electric-depot projects, The Midlands Net Zero Hub is running a competition to provide funding for feasibility studies, for a range of depot archetypes to develop costed case studies.
Local Authorities can bid for funding up to £25,000 to help cover the cost of developing an investable business case specific to their depots.
Minimum match funding of 35% of the total value of the project will be required from the successful bidders in order to attract applications for projects that are most likely to be delivered.
What will the competition fund?
The programme aims to fund a number of studies, which will as a minimum, cover each of the three main archetypes identified in The Electrification of Council Depots guide.
The scope and specification of the studies will be defined by applicants which will enable the studies to be tailored to your specific requirements.
The scope may range from techno-economic feasibility study to a full business case but, as a minimum, will:
- Assess the feasibility of upgrading an existing depot site
- Provide an outline design of electrical and civil works required (e.g. RIBA Stage 3) including drawings
- Contain well-developed costings
- Contain clear estimates of timescales involved
- Provide a detailed assessment of the risks associated with developing their electric depot site
How can you apply?
The Electrification of Council Depots competition is only open to local authorities in the Midlands region. If you are unsure as to whether you fall within this criteria, please email MidlandsNetZeroHub@Nottinghamcity.gov.uk.
Completed application forms must be sent to The Midlands Net Zero Hub by 21 December 2023. Local authorities will be informed as to whether their bid has been successful on 01 February, 2024.
- The competition will be launched 20 November 2023.
- Applications will need to be received by Midnight, 21 December 2023.
- Applicants will be notified as to whether their bid has been successful on 01 February, 2024.
- All studies commissioned using funding from this competition will need to be completed by 31 July, 2024.
If you have any questions about the programme and/or the application form, please contact Rupert Cope at firstname.lastname@example.org.