Individuals from UK registered organisations can apply to join a 5 day collaborative workshop to develop project ideas for delivery of net zero heat building upgrades. The best project ideas will be invited to apply for funding support as part of Stage 3.
Competition closes: Wednesday 31 May 2023 11:00am
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to £8.5 million in innovation projects. As part of a three stage Innovation Lab you will be supported in creating and undertaking innovative, collaborative, research and development projects.
The aim is to accelerate the shift to a net zero economy. It offers the opportunity to develop project ideas that will improve the delivery and reduce the cost of net zero heat building upgrades through design and system engineering processes.
The Innovation Lab will bring together experts and insights from across different sectors to collaborate effectively and develop new solutions.
They are looking for a range of individuals from multi-disciplinary organisations to bring a diversity of knowledge. Not all will be typically associated with the heating or building renovation sectors. Organisations can include, but are not limited to, those active in:
- user-centred design, consumer and sector finance, housing and energy policy, urban planning, justice and equality, law and regulations
- providers of social services and facilities, third sector organisations working with vulnerable people, skills and training providers, owners of portfolios of buildings
- automotive, robotics, manufacturing, machine learning and artificial intelligence, remote sensing and computer vision
- net zero technology and solution providers, construction professionals, building performance evaluation professionals
- agencies of relevance to making an important contribution to the net-zero mission
This competition is split into 3 stages:
- Stage 1: Expression of interest in attending the Innovation Lab (this stage)
- Stage 2: Participation in all 5 days of the Innovation Lab
- Stage 3: Selected proposals developed at the Innovation Lab will be invited to apply for funding to undertake a collaborative research and development project
If invited to the 5 day collaborative residential Innovation Lab, you must commit to attend on behalf of and with the support of your organisation. The Innovation Lab will take place between 18 and 22 September 2023.
The location and agenda for the Innovation Lab will be included in your invite to attend.
Attendees to the Innovation Lab will work together to develop collaborative proposals for research and innovation projects that will deliver concept demonstrators. In applying to this competition, you are entering into a competitive process. This competition closes at 11am UK time on the deadline stated.
There is no grant award provided for this EoI Stage. Selected proposals designed at the Innovation Lab and subsequently invited to Stage 3 are expected to have total grant request between £1.5 million and £5 million.