Launching in January 2023, the Climate Innovation Fund welcomes applications from climate-focused innovators seeking grants between £5,000 and £10,000.
Applications will close at 13:00, 10 February 2023.
This Climate Innovation Platform (CIP) funding can support entrepreneurs developing their ideas through to SMEs striving to take their business to the next level.
This funding has been made available for innovators that are supporting a shift towards a low carbon economy and/or promoting research and innovation in the adoption of low carbon technologies.
They are looking to support entrepreneurs who are creating low carbon solutions and supporting the Government’s ambition towards net zero. This could include but is not limited to businesses focused on:
- Low carbon infrastructure
- Heating and cooling solutions
- Data and digital solutions
- Energy to waste adoption
- Hydrogen within transport and heat sector
- Electric vehicle adoption and/or use
- Energy storage
- Energy systems and energy solutions
- Other climate-focused ideas
To be eligible for funding from the CIP innovation fund you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Small or Medium Size Enterprise with fewer than 250 employees and an annual turnover not exceeding 50 million Euro and/or annual balance sheet not exceeding 43 million Euro
- Be located in the Greater Birmingham Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership (GBSLEP) more developed area which comprises most postcodes in the Birmingham, Solihull, Bromsgrove, Redditch and Wyre Forest Districts
- Have received less than 200,000 euros of De Minimis State Aid in the last 3 financial year
- Not be a going-concern