This programme seeks to develop opportunities for communities to get more people physically active and Sport England will support new projects through providing National Lottery funding of between £300 and £15,000.
Deadline for applications is 30 June 2023.
Through this fund, Sport England aim to support projects that bring communities together and provide sport and physical activities for people who may be less physically active.
They also particularly want to support projects focusing on environmental sustainability.
They believe that communities that work together and share resources provide a stronger and more sustainable impact.
Therefore, they want applications from projects that demonstrate how they connect with their communities, make best use of the existing skills and assets in an area, and will provide the biggest possible impact to those who need it most.
They also want projects that seek to reduce their impact on the environment through the goods and services used to deliver the activity.
Please be aware that they always have more applications than they are able to fund, so our priority is to support projects working with people in disadvantaged communities.
- Awards of £300-£15,000 are available to not-for-profit organisations.
- Multiple applications can be submitted, but organisations can only have awards of up to £15,000 in any 12-month period.
- Awards are to help inactive and less active people become more active.
- Their priority is to support projects working with people living in areas of disadvantage as defined by the Indices of Multiple Deprivation areas 1 to 3.
- Applications should explain why there’s a need for the project and how end users have been involved in developing the project.
- Applications should consider how the project adds value to services currently available in your local community, and work collaboratively with other groups to maximise the impact of the project.
- The closing date for applications is 30 June 2023.