Funding Opportunity: Network Innovation Call – Guide for Communities – Deadline 09/11/2020
Do you have an innovative idea to help tackle fuel poverty or support vulnerable customers?
WPD want to partner with community energy groups, local authorities and other local energy organisations in their region to help us ensure no one is left behind in the transition to a smarter, decarbonised network.
Successful proposals will be funded by the Network Innovation Allowance (NIA), regulated by Ofgem.
To secure NIA funding, projects must:
- Be a new and innovative idea. This could be new equipment, new applications of existing equipment or new commercial arrangements – with an unproven business case.
- Involve the research, development or demonstration of ideas that could change how the physical network is used or how the system is operated.
- Have the potential to save customers money, compared to the way things are done now.
- Not duplicate other innovation projects in the UK.
- Generate learning relevant to other network companies, not just WPD.