We are the sustainability adviser for leaders of the West Midlands
Sustainability West Midlands is the sustainability champion for the West Midlands as designated by government.
We are a not-for-profit company that works with our members in the business, public and voluntary sectors. Our role is to act as a catalyst for change through our advice to leaders, to develop practical solutions with our members and share success through our communications.
Our board is private sector led with cross-sector representation; and is supported by our team of staff and associates.
Our customers like our independence, our role as a hub of cross-sector good practice networks, and our drive to deliver a clear vision to create a better West Midlands.
In addition to the valuable time, expertise, and event hosting of our many members, we are also grateful for a range of financial investors that enable us to mobilize this priceless resource. Find out how we can make your current strategic or corporate responsibility investment go further.
How can we help you?
Become a SWM Member
- Promotion of your brand and service across our extensive communications channels.
- Promotion of your case studies and opportunities to raise your profile at our events.
- Free place at our Annual Conference. free use of our meeting rooms and discount of consultancy.
Annual membership costs between £50 and £1,000+VAT depending on your size and sector.
“We are proud to be a member of SWM and a partner in its activities and they play an invaluable role in championing the sustainability agenda at the highest level within the West Midlands” City of Wolverhampton Council
“Collaboration with other SWM members presents the perfect opportunity to develop new and innovative solutions that deliver shared benefits and enhances our reputation as a world leading University” University of Birmingham
“SWM has helped me make some very good connections that have resulted in exciting business discussions that are evolving into commercial opportunities for my company” Ørsted
Sponsor our networks and events
- Influence experts by sponsoring our networks for a wide range of sectors.
- Exhibit at our high profile events and present your work and case studies.
- Promote your branding and case studies on all networks and event related media.
Our sponsorship offer is flexible depending on your budget and who you want to engage with.
“By working with SWM and contributing to their events through funding and sponsorship we can share our message, engage with key stakeholders and demonstrate leadership in the sector” Severn Trent Water
“The SWM Annual Conference was by far the best and most informative event I have attended” Groundwork West Midlands
We offer consultancy services
- Independent advice on you sustainability strategy.
- Workshops to influence internal or external stakeholders.
- Production of independent advice on energy, waste, resilience and other areas of sustainability.
- Programme delivery and project management.
As a not-for-profit organisation, all our consultancy fees go into making the West Midlands a more sustainable place.
“The input of SWM has been huge in helping set our priorities” Andy Street, Mayor, West Midlands Combined Authority
“The work SWM has done for us has been fundamental in brokering relationships with LEPs and helping us to strengthen our hand when offering support” Energy Systems Catapult
“It was important to us to work with an independent organisation like SWM who were able to provide honest and realistic recommendations based on their extensive research” Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy